Why join the Guild?
The Guild is the world’s largest organization for automotive writers, editors, authors, broadcasters, photographers, illustrators – anyone who works in motoring editorial of any sort, in any medium.
The list of present and past members includes editors of major motoring titles like Autocar and CAR, respected automotive authors and the best freelance writers, photographers and broadcasters.
The Guild plays a vital role in liaising with motor industry partners such as MICA and the SMMT, ensuring that motoring writers have the access and facilities they need to do their jobs effectively. And the Guild supports and encourages newcomers to our field, by accrediting automotive journalism degrees, arranging training courses, and providing mentoring for younger members.
There are lots of benefits to being a Guild member:
- All members receive the Guild Year Book (an indispensable industry directory) and free access to the member-only section of our website
- Full members also get a useful Guild press card
- A legal advice service
- A regular online newsletter keeps you up to date with what’s happening in automotive media
- Generous discounts and preferential rates from a wide range of organisations, including comprehensive Start Rescue membership at no cost for full members of the Guild
- Members are also eligible to enter the Guild awards, which recognise the very best work in our industry by presenting more than £10,000 in prizes every year
- Guild Benevolent Fund to assist members who fall on hard times
Full members are also encouraged to stand for election to the Guild committee and play a role in how the Guild operates, to ensure it remains an essential organisation for motoring writers now and in the future.
NEXT STEPS: Apply to join the Guild of Motoring Writers